17:2 William Mitchell Magazine, Spring (1999)
While William Mitchell College of Law was officially formed in 1956 through the merger of two local evening law schools, there had been discussion of a merger for years before 1956. Even after the merger, the two parts of the new institution continued to operate mostly separately. The acquisition of a building at 2100 Summit Avenue, in St. Paul, in 1958 finally allowed the two schools to become one and to enter the modern era of legal education.
Heidenreich, Douglas R., "Porcupine Diplomacy Produces Summit (Ave.) Accord" (1999). Faculty Scholarship. 116.